Yolie's World

Monday, June 13, 2005

My First Blog

So, my mom has convinced me that I have lots to say that should be heard. Here I was thinking my loud self could already be heard round the world! So, here I am, wondering what my first blog should be about. Do I rant about important stuff, like our sorry system which allows kids to rot in foster care while their birth parents "give it one more shot" and all too often ignorant adoption workers who would rather split uo sib groups than pick up the phone and attempt to find them a family? Or do I talk about my sweet husband who has put up with nearly eight years of emotional highs and lows as well as my wild family (which is often the cause of the highs and lows)? Well, I guess as I really think about it, I may as well be talking about the same thing. Welcome to Yolie's World...where two seemingly distinct aspect of life are so interconnected that even I have to step back and figure it all out, all of the time. Let me apologize in advance if my blogs become the rantings of a former foster child, who was then adopted, but not before living a hellish existence with only my two brothers to keep me sane...who then became an adult (sort of) who went to college, became a social worker, worked in special needs adoption, and is now waiting to be a mom (well, not for the "first" time, but that's another blog...Joe and Daniel). But, hey, life is good.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    yes, Yolie, that's your voice and I think you have a lot to say.
    Love, Mom

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Claudia said…

    I can't wait to hear more!

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Well I stumbled on your blog and thought the only way to know what is goign on in a persons life/head is to go to the begining. I have read what seems to be a partial answer to some of my questions to come and a interesting how did I do intrest. I woudl liek to say it is nice to meet you, My name is Jaye My husband adn I were foster parents for 10 years.We adopted a sibling group of 3 through the system. I had started a book on our life at the time and have put in on a blog. I also have a "normal" blog. Just a hello I will contenue to catch up with your life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home