Yolie's World

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year

It has been a busy couple of weeks, getting through Christmas and New Years and of course, the Sugar Bowl, which we unfortunately lost. Chuck, CJ and I spent New Years just how we wanted, as a family, watching TV on the sofa and reminiscing about the last year and how we could make 2006 better than 2005 (hard to top since our son was born!). The very next morning we went to church and heard one of the best sermons our Pastor has ever preached. It was right on and only confirmed what Chuck and I had decided in our hearts to be the most important things to focus on in 2006...Faith, Family, Fitness and Finances. Sometimes God just makes things very clear, and I believe that if we focus on these things then God will bless our family. I also spent New Years night praying and thanking God for all of the blessings I have in my life. I am so grateful to have a family who loves me. I pray that I never take that for granted because I know what it's like not to have that. I'm grateful for my husband. He is my rock and I know that God put him on earth to be my husband and the father on my children. His relationship with God inspires me to be a better person, as do his everyday actions. He has so much integrity and loves his family so deeply that it sometimes astounds me that God chose me to be his wife (although I do joke with Chuck that HE is the lucky one to haev gotten me to marry him..hahaha). I am so grateful for my son. Even though I felt fulfilled in my life before I was a mother, I can't for the life of me figure out what in the world could ever make one happier than being a mother. The love that I have for my son I cannot even put into words. I feel so blessed that God gave Chuck and I this precious gift...he is so beautiful and perfect to me. I could go on and on, but words are not enough. I know I already said I am grateful for my family, but I am really grateful for my Mom. She knows how much she means to me but I can never fully explain to her how she unlocked the person I am today by showing me unconditional love. All I can say, over and over again, is thank you. There are so many things I am grateful for. Of course, there are things that I still wonder about. There have been very hard times and I'm sure there are more to come. But for today, I choose to focus on the blessings God has given me. I have a great family, church, friends, home, etc. I am so grateful...

1 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    Thank you for sharing your feelings about Christmas. We just spent our first Christmas with our new daughters, and it helps me to see what they might be feeling. They seemed to be really happy, but I'm sure there were lots of emotions underneath. Also, they are only 8 & 6, so they probably don't even understand their feelings as much as you did at 11.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home