Yolie's World

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Genetics Suck

Yep, that's right. Instead of enjoying the health benefits of being born to someone who is health conscious, I, instead, am stuck with the genetics of a woman I'd rather not talk about. Ugh! And my mom so delicately tells me, after my trip to the ER & Labor & Delivery for high blood pressure in my eighth month of pregnancy that "you didn't get it from my side of the family." Very funny. Apparently, high blood pressure during pregnancy runs in my biological family. As my husband pointed out in the hospital room, "no wonder ya'll have high blood pressure, look at who and what you had to put up with (when still with bio. family)." So now, I am more useless than ever. The Dr. put me on "modified bedrest" which means he didn't want to put me on full bedrest, but I'm not supposed to shop, do housework, excercise, walk around the mall (or Wal-Mart), etc. The nurse pretty much told me to "find some really good books and get as much rest as possible...we want to keep him in there a little longer." So, that's that. I guess it makes sense, since my feet look like they've been taken over by the Marshmallow Man, along with my hands and face. Ahh, the joys of pregnancy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home