Yolie's World

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Babysitting Fun

Joey and CJ
Nando
Look at that big smile
Tabby and Nando
Paloma, Tabby & Lily (Pajama Party!)
CJ with his own Bubba troup to entertain him

Yesterday afternoon my mom called to see if I could babysit while she went to pick up Fabian from The Ranch. Her initial babysitting plans had fallen through and she needed me by 2:30 (it was 1:30 when she called). Of course, I bundled CJ up and Lena and I ran right over. Why did I drop everything and come to the rescue? Not because I'm super daughter but because I believe in my heart that our family works because of our willingness to contribute to it. I've seen my college-age brothers sit cuddle with Tabby as she is having a meltdown. I've watched some of our more emotionally needy kids give up mom's lap so that I could cry on it (and I was in my twenties!). If mom needs to drop Nando & Tabby off at 7:30 am so she can go to IEP meetings then so be it. I look at it as my contribution back to the family that has given me so much love, joy and happiness. And let's not forget, I get great pictures out of my babysitting times!

On another note, notice Tabby & Nando in the pictures. What a difference from when they first came to live with our family. I remember how scared they looked, like deer in headlights. Just eight months later they are happy, goofy kids, learning to feel secure and loved. They have a long way to go, but I am so proud to be a part of their growth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home