Yolie's World

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Lena the Mouse Hunter

She only looks sweet and innocent.
We've been on a mouse hunt for three days now. Since it's getting chilly outside, the field mice are fiding refuge in our warm house. That is NOT cool with me. So far, we've caught five (three inside and two in our garage). I refuse to believe the mice will win, so I have been watching Lena and Chuck on a rampage, catching the mice with such determination that it makes me proud. Of course, I am scared of mice, so I watch from the sofa with my feet up (usually nursing CJ, which is a sight to see as my eyes are filled with terror and my precious son is happily eating away). Yesterday, Lena (my sister-in-law) earned her last name of Bodie. She spotted yet anot her mouse and then saw it go into her room. She immediately went on high alert, tracking the mouse throughout the room and finally trapping him behind the dresser, where she blocked off both sides and put no less than three mouse traps with peanut butter. But, she was not content to just let the mouse find teh trap on his own time, oh no! She was determined to be there when the mouse came to it's tragic ending (I forgot to mention that earlier, when she walked into her room she swore the mouse tried to attack her...so she was out for personal revenge!). No less than four hours later, the very intellgent mouse had yet to be caught. Lena had had enough. She changed into clothes more suited for warfare (she even put her hood on in case of enemy fire) and the next thing I knew, she was on her back on the floor, lifting the dresser with her feet while she tried to run the mouse out with a wire hanger that had been made into her weapon of choice. She even tried to talk to the mouse and explain that he had already eaten some of the poison, so his fighting was futile. He didn't listen to her. Every now and then, though, he would stick his head out and laugh at Lena, which would send her onto the bed, squealing as he mocked her. The funniest part was when her husband, Jesse called and asked what she was doing. "Oh, nothing really, just trying to catch a mouse" as if it were really no big deal to her. I, of course, told him the true story of how his wife had turned into a huntress on the attack against a small defenseless mouse. It was hilarious. The ending? She went to bed last night defeated by this mouse, as he had not yet been caught. I am waiting on her to wake up to get a full report of what happened in that bedroom last night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home