Yolie's World

Monday, June 20, 2005

Weekend in Review

My feet are still swollen, although now, to accompany them and my blood pressure issues, I am walking around like an old lady, with my hand on my lower back and a scowl on my face. Both my mom and mother-in-law have stated "you have really dropped!" Well, when there is only twelve inches available in your body for a baby to squish in to, that "dropping" has meant a killer case of sciatica. While at my in-law's home yesterday for Father's Day, I managed to sob into my dear husband, as his father sat hopelessly watching, saying over and over again how I reminded him of my monther-in-law when she was pregnant with Chuck. I guess since she's only five feet tall, that makes sense. As much as I know Chuck's daddy was worried about me, I could see the glances he was sending Chuck's way. They said, "It's only the beginning, son...get ready!" Needless to say, after thirty minutes of trying to get off the sofa to leave last night (I'm not joking, it tool me thirty minutes of trying to get up with what felt like a hot knife stabbing me in the butt and radiating down my leg), I apologized to Chuck's daddy for the fun Father's Day I had created and left nearly in tears. Of course, being the father-in-law that he is, he just gave me a big hug and told me he loved me. Then I came home and had Chuck help me put on an XL ThermaCare heating pad, which barely fits around me now. It looked like I was wearing a diaper, since I have to wear it low, low, low on my backside to get any relief. So, that's how my weekend went. Although the highlight was on Saturday (before my pain hit), as I sat up at the pool with my mom, Joe and Daniel, Sarah, Tameshia and of course, the babies. Alyssa and Ray were too cute at the pool, although when Chuck got there and unintentionally spoke to Alyssa before he spoke to Ray, it got a little ugly. Ray was not gonna put up with that, and well he shouldn't! Before it was all over, though, Ray gave Uncle Chuck five, and everything was cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home