Yolie's World

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The aftermath...

CJ right before his shots (with his Tylenol!)
CJ before he knew anything about shots!
My Georgia Bulldog!

CJ and Tabby
CJ cracking up at his mama!
So, CJ did get his shots yesterday, although I had to leave the room because the thought of watching someone stab my child with a syringe made my skin crawl. My sweet husband stayed with him, and I could hear him trying to calm CJ down during all four shots. CJ's screams made me cry while and as soon as they were done, I ran into the room and picked him up to nurse him. He was so mad about the whole thing he even refused to nurse for a minute (very unlike him!). The rest of the day was tough, as he was fussy and cranky. I kept him filled up on Tylenol, so he wasn't too uncomfortable (I hope). He is much better this morning, although we had to give him his reflux medicine, which we had flavored at the Kroger pharmacy so that it isn't so nasty. He still hates it, but not as much. The grape flavor makes it at least tolerable to him. FYI to everyone locally with kids, the Kroger Pharmacy will flavor nasty medicine for a mere three dollars. They have a huge list of flavors to pick from, including cherry, bubble gum, etc.

Anyway, CJ was declared very healthy during his visit. He now weighs a whopping 12lbs 10 oz! The Dr. said, "well, I guess you're not having any trouble nursing!" That's an understatement! She also told me that her daughter nursed every three hours until she was a year old. That made me feel better, since people keep acting like CJ should be on a a four hour schedule already. He eats every two hours, morning and night, and as long as it works for us, then who cares what people think about it, huh? Hey, what can I say...CJ loves food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home