Yolie's World

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Just some thoughts


I can't even begin to count the ways that my life has changed since I became a mom. For one, I no longer type with both hands! I am obsessed with the color, consistency and frequency of my son's poop and I have been moved to tears over his little face straining to get gas out. People used to laugh at me, because even in college when everyone stays out late, my body shut down at around nine pm and it was my bedtime. Now, days and nights hold no difference to me, as CJ has no concept of time. My husband and I spent nearly eight years just being a couple. Now, we are having to learn how to be parents and still be a couple. As solid as I believe we both are, in our relationship and as individuals, I am shocked at how much work it takes to do both. Sleep deprivation doesn't help. I must say, though, that I am so grateful to have my husband. Knowing how much he helps me (especially when I NEED a shower and CJ NEEDS to be held), I am amazed at how so many women do it by themselves. In today's society, it happens all the time. For so many reasons, women are left to raise their children by themselves. For those women who choose to take the responsibility seriously, and who do all they can for their kids, I have the utmost respect. Parenting is so hard, but so worthwhile. I cannot imagine raising CJ without his daddy. Sadly, our home situation is fast becoming the exception, not the rule. Children are such helpless, vulnerable, tiny beings, and it takes more than giving birth to be a parent to them (something adopted kids learn the hard way).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home