Yolie's World

Friday, July 29, 2005

In loving memory of Zeus





Last night we had the worst lightning storm I've ever seen. My beautiful dog Zeus was sadly not saved in time, and we lost him. Words are so inadequate right now to express the hurt and sadness Chuck and I are feeling. Zeus was our first dog together. We loved him so much. Chuck had taught him how to sit, lay, come, stay and shake your hand. He was a huge dog...he couldn't even walk ubder our kitchen table. He had the most beautiful white coat and stunning black eyes, almost like two pieces of coal. He was majestic, like all Great Pyrenees. He loved us too. Even though he was easily over a hundred pounds, his favorite spot was right between Chuck and I on the sofa. He was never content unless both Chuck and I were in the same room, sitting down with him. He was the sweetest, gentlest giant I've ever known. He was only two and a half years old. I am so sad that cj will never know Zeus...Chuck and I always loved to picture him riding Zeus like a horse, laughing and loving him as much as we did. I do not understand why this happened, but I do thank God that we were blessed to have such a wonderful dog for at least a little while. He now rests behind his doghouse, which Chuck spent countless hours building (it was so big I could stand up in it, and it even had shingles on the roof and insulation like a real house). I already miss him dearly. I had to get something out of the garage this morning, and his food and water bowl, along with all his dog bones are just sitting there. It doesn't seem right to me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home